Black Asteroid is the brainchild of Bryan Black. Bryan started his career as a sound designer for Prince. While working with Prince at Paisley Park Studios, Bryan learned and honed sound and production skills which inspired him to start his own band. Bryan moved to London England and launched a band called MOTOR. The first MOTOR demo was quickly signed to Novamute. After 2 singles, MOTOR were cata- pulted to the top of the techno world, sharing stages with Daft Punk and Kraftwerk at major festivals, and later embarking on a World tour supporting Depeche Mode in 2009.
In early 2011, Bryan decided to start Black Asteroid to showcase an exciting new sound. It was time re-capture the techno world. The debut 'The Engine EP' is the first release out now on CLR. The Engine EP has since topped the charts and is regarded as one of the most daring and successful techno releases of 2011.
Dave Clarke, who already played an early demo of the Engine EP long before it came out, contributed a highly energetic remix for the peak time moments of the night. His take on Engine 1 is called “Unsubscribe Remix” and was produced by himself and Mr. Jones. The Engine remix EP was subsequently released and Black Asteroid quickly found himself on a World tour. Before and after gigs, Bryan started crafting exciting new material to follow up on the success of Engine 1 and Engine 2. Get ready for the next chapter.
01. Brian Sanhaji & Drumcell - Split (Original) - CLR
02. Mondkopf - Ease Your Pain - In Paradisum
03. ASC - Magnetic - Perc Trax
04. Monoloc & Pfirter - Session 1 - CLR
05. Gesaffelstein - Control Movement - Bromance
06. Dead Sound & Videohead - Scrap It Off The Floor - Perc Trax
07. Cassegrain - Lap-Nor - Prologue
08. Svreca - Utero (Regis Invisible Mix) - Semantica
09. Ugandan Methods - Between A Sleep And A Sleep - Ancient Methods
10. Black Asteroid - Engine 1 (Brian Sanhaji Another Remix) - CLR