Techno according to Marcel Fengler has nothing to do with being a go-getter or having an alternative career, it is way more than means to an end: it is his definitive and concentrated passion.
In Marcel Fengler’s world, opposites attract. Ambient and elect ronica are equal parts in his sets that owe as much to the UK’s progressive school of relentless techno as they do to that special “Berghain sound”. A dictum created by music journalists and a description that is a diverging as Berghain’s resident DJs. Being one of them since day
one, Fengler made his very own and self‐confident contribution to that sound. He really knows his craft. Fengler’s DJ sets are characteristically offensive and dynamic, hard and consistent, but also surprising and emotional. In a realm that is dominated by technology and machines, his bright personality and the human aspect stay visible. You can feel his personal touch.
A similar versatility can also be found in his studio work. Marcel’s fondness for synth pads goes along with gloomy electro, hard and steady‐paced techno doesn’t compete with his sense for moods and deepness. His search for different parts that work as a whole is as visible here as it is in his DJ style. Marcel Fengler looks for quality over
quantity of releasepurpose.
1. End of All Existence – The Final Hours - End of All Existence
2. Norman Nodge – Body To Body – Ostgut Ton
3. Andrew Richley – Instant And Eternity – Fine Audio Recordings
4. Mark Morris – Callstyle (Damon Wild Remix) – Ketra Records
5. Drexciya – Fusion Flats (Octave One Mix) – Tresor Records
6. Hideyuki Eto – Equip – Synewave Records
7. Radial – Revolver (Oscar Mulero Mix) – Planet Rhythm
8. Splice – Trouble – Farden
9. Aubrey – D2 – A7 Records
10. Robert Hood – The Family – M-Plant
11. Kelly Hand – Wanderer (Ritzi Lee Edit) – Gorsch
12. OVR – Posttraumatic Son (Marcel Dettmann MDR Version) – Blueprint
13. Mike Dehnert – Framework – Delsin
14. Marcel Fengler – Shiraz – Ostgut Ton
15. Cosmin TRG – Izolat – 50 Weapons
16. Jolka – Five (Surgeon Remix) – Sect
17. Swift Craft – Ventad – Abstract Dance
18. Otaku – Emilias First Tooth – Soma