Jerome Sydenham is one of the hottest tickets in the world of house and techno music right now. His DJ sets are nothing short of phenomenal – veering from deep, intricate, chugging techno, to jackin' tech house, into huge anthemic house moments in the classic vein. Always pursuing his love for techno – both industrial-edged thumpers and deep, soulful Detroit moments, with some melodic beauties along the way.
Jerome Sydenham’s illustrious music career took off in the late eighties when he joined the prestigious A&R division at Atlantic Records where he worked with the likes En Vogue, Das Efx, and breaking the vocal house group Ten City. Soon after he met emerging producer Kerri Chandler – one of his closest friends and a former collaborator, his name as a producer and DJ gradually built over the ‘90s, with his superb label Ibadan Records launched in 1995.
He is best known for beautiful, emotive, sunkissed deep house tracks like "Swimming Places", and his timeless collaboration with Dennis Ferrer, "Sandcastles", both on leading house imprint Defected. However he also shares Ferrer’s love for hypnotic, soulful, sexy techno – bringing undeniable warmth to an often emotionally cold genre of music. His collaborations with Get Physical’s Swedish talent Tiger Stripes - like the hugely acclaimed "Elevation" and their joyous remix of Faze Action’s classic "In The Trees" - should likewise be added to the cannon of great house music history.
Sydenham’s desire to push the creative envelope took him into the world of Techno with the hit “Asama”, with which he launched the German based label Apotek Records. The year 2007 also saw the initiation of a new label collaboration, Avocado Records, established in Denmark with heavy weight producer Rune RK with the monster "Elephant".
Recent remixes by Sydenham include: "Angel" by Carl Craig (Planet-e), "Forming Dies" by Adam Beyer & Joel Mull (Drumcode), "Way of the Lonely Ones Pt2" by Nihad Tule (Spectrum), and "Materia" by Nic Fanciulli (Global Underground).
1. Jerome Sydenham – Bang Me – Apotek Records
2. Jerome Sydenham – The Scavenger - Drumcode
3. Jerome Sydenham, Function – Skimming – Ibadan Records
4. Jerome Sydenham - Black Ice – Apotek Records
5. Jerome Sydenham, Function – Two Ninety One (Original) – CLR
6. Jerome Sydenham, Function – Mobile – Ibadan Records
7. James Ruskin, Mark Broom – Hostage – Blueprint Records
8. Jerome Sydenham – The Visitation – Drumcode
10. Jerome Sydenham, Function – Incense – Ibadan Records
11. Peter Horrevorts - Bloody Hands – Gem Records